Every period in our life is a season. There is a time we take public transportation. Then when we put a little time and work effort we drive. Then when we drive for convenience. Then we have to go back to public transportation because of age or health issue. We must be prepared for the shift in changes in our lives and Metro Dade Transit should also to accommodate the residents of Miami Dade County District 3.
1. Policies for employed people who need public transportation in order to get to work
2. Policies that will assist when people are no longer able to drive or make it to public transportation
3. Hiring and upgrading some of the pay for drivers who have reached their max raises but still employed for Metro Dade County Transit
4. More concerns for the working class who are here all the time rather than just focusing on tourists accommodations
1. Rise the streets that will help with not only pot holes but sea level rising and climax change
2. Provide policies and laws that will protect bikers who really think they are cars and having BIKE RAGE
3. Add some sidewalks in many of the areas that ignored for decades
More drivers hired to increase more consistency in bus routes especially areas where the working class is relying upon public transportation
Implement a cost from the tourist that get plenty of accommodations since they are tourist and allow them to sow back into transportation services that will enhance for the everyday passengers.
Number 1 we need to keep the plans and promises that are originated. They have for decades been raising sand about the metrorail not going to Carol City County Line Road and curved at 79th and 27th Ave. Now when funds were available a couple of years ago, it went WAAAY DOWN SOUTH. We need to stick to original agreements when promises are made for Miami Dade County District 3 and sending funds for projects in this district seems to work it way to other Districts. How are we to improve and grow if we are sending our funds somewhere else? Let’s get to work.
Yes just like the police there should be an independent review board and not just UNION because therefore it would be a more genuine concerned for the people and not for political recognition or favoritism by transit staff.
As I mentioned earlier there is funds provided to assist with the enhancing of our public transportation but the funds and plights tend to go every other direction except the areas that are included in Miami Dade District 3 and we have to stick to the plans that are originated.
We need to again have a review board that will sort out how to continue expand and connect with other areas which will include more jobs for the residents of Miami Dade District 3 and upgrade and reinforce policies that are already on the books. Most of what our transportation system is lacking is on the books, just no one to enforce it and make sure we stick to the plans at hand. Also we need to create meetings to learn from other transportation services in other municipalities.